Thursday, April 17, 2008

Michael Burns

Michael Burns

My name is Michael Burns and I'm the father of Caitlin and Amelia Burns. If you think Caitlin was concerned about Amelia taking up with one of Caitlin's friends, I was a nervous wreck. After Amelia had been at CU for awhile Caitlin let it slip that Amelia had a boyfriend.

Of course my wife and I were very curious about what type of guy
Amelia had found. Amelia kind of played it cool with info that she shared with us. My wife and I were very anxious and excited to finally meet Wallace which happened last May when he visited us at our home on Bainbridge Island.

We were both quite taken by Wallace and also by how well Amelia and Wallace got along. I remember having dinner with my wife Darden, Wallace and Amelia and thinking what a cute couple. Of course Darden was ecstatic. She was so pleased that Amelia had found such a nice young man to spend time with. However me being the Dad I had to remain a little more reserved. I needed to check him out a little deeper and my opportunity came last February when I came to Aspen to ski with Amelia. It was then that I met Nancy and Weems, Packy and Ben. I couldn't wait to call my wife and tell her what a wonderful family Wallace came from. They checked out beyond my dreams.

Yes Wallace was now O.K. by me. As a dad it was great comfort than knowing my daughter was with such a fine young man.

No comments: