Thursday, April 17, 2008

Caitlin Burns

I had the pleasure of meeting Wallace while I was going to school at the University of Colorado in Boulder. It took being around him for a very short amount of time to realize how good of a person he was. His kind and quiet nature was always comforting in an atmosphere that is so much of the time quite the opposite. He knew how to give me a run for my money in a game of Scrabble and he and Packy took my Guitar Hero playing to the next level.

When my little sister came to school in Boulder a little over a year and a half ago I took on the role of protective older sister. I told her that under no circumstances was she allowed to get involved with any of my friends or anyone she met through my friends. But when she asked me about Wallace all I could say was that he was great. I couldn't come up with a single negative thing to say about him and I don't think that anyone could, even if they tried. As their relationship grew I saw all the wonderful things that he did for my sister and the happiness that he brought into her life.

I feel so fortunate to have the memories that have been able to keep us laughing in these last few days that have been so difficult.

I know that Wallace will be missed terribly, remembered fondly and loved truly, always.

No comments: