Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cary Finnegan

Wallace, Packy, and Ben have been my closest cousins for as long as I can remember; they are like brothers to me. Even though geography separates us during the school year I always look forward to that day each summer where we reunite on the East coast to live in Little Compton, Rhode Island for the summer. Definitely one of my all time favorite days of every year.
Being here in Aspen celebrating the extraordinary life of Wallace I can’t help but realize how amazing it is how deeply he has impacted two different worlds, one here in Colorado and the other in Little Compton. My world with Wallace has been at Briggs Beach; it includes Smith Village, lobster races, catching frogs in the frog pond, night games, the jumping rock, card games at the cabana, whiffle ball, two-dollar Tuesday night movies, beach bonfires, and family barbeques.
It is hard for me to believe that Briggs Beach can even exist without Wallace and I know that Little Compton will never be the same for me without him but for every summer for the rest of my life I am determined to experience and celebrate the ways in which Wallace’s spirit have touched and changed Briggs Beach and my life. His kindness, sense of humor, sincerity, love of adventure, his passion and genuine love for life will forever remain in my heart and at Briggs Beach.
Wallace was an inspiration in the way he lived his life and will continue to inspire me. I love you Wallace Briggs Westfeldt and I am going to miss you so much.

No comments: