Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ben Westfeldt

Wallace,

My Brother, my friend,

I miss you so much, words will never be enough. I have kept praying and dreaming that this is not real and that you will come back to me. Your love for life, snowboarding, and people is so contagious. You touched so many people and they are all here to see you. Most of all, you have touched me.

You and Patrick were the best brothers I could ever dream of. You were always there for me, even when I would piss you off! I will always remember you getting up before me and waking me up to go ride. As I resisted you would tell me, “It’s sunny and sick!” or that “It’s dumping out!”

I have been waking up waiting for that moment and yet it has not happened. However, I can’t help but think that you have already awakened and are endlessly riding in sunny and sick powder days and that each morning you are calling down to me to get up and ride, to enjoy life, and to spread the happiness as you did.

Wallace, you will always be a part of my heart, soul, and body.

I AM WALLACE BRIGGS WESTFELDT.

I will always love you,

Your brother,

Ben

No comments: